Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

                   Ben Carson

·        Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty

·        His mother and father divorced


·        His mother came from a family of 24 children

·        His mother couldn’t read

·        His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis

·        Ben was the worst student in his grade school class

·        Ben becomes top student in his school

·        Ben becomes a world renowned doctor



    Student Success Statement

                        A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity


“I hated poverty. Poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change it.”

Ben Carson




To me this quote means that poverty is always there but it’s your choice whether you want to live in poverty or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment