Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November. It became an official Federal holiday in 1863, when, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of "Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelled in the Heavens", to be celebrated on the last Thursday in November. Also, there are reports that the original Thanksgiving proclamation was signed by George Washington.

 










Twelve things I am thankful for are being able to be alive, have a home, have a family, sleep knowing I am okay, have parents that care for me, having my own room, being happy every day, having good grades, having my grandparents, having a bed, having food , and being thankful for having and getting an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment